For more information about these publications, please refer to the Reference Documents page.
- The Lake District – A Cultural Landscape Under Threat. A Critical Commentary on a paper by Mr. Fritz Groothues. Geoff Wilson. September 2018. View/Download.
- The Accurate Recording or Otherwise of Public Roads and Rights of Way
Herefordshire Local Access Forum. November 2015. View/Download.
- Gravel Roads Construction and Maintenance Guide. US Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration. August 2015. View/Download.
- Practical Management of Motorised Recreational Vehicle Activity. The Lake District Hierarchy of Trail Routes Initiative. Extract from Waymark magazine. IPROW. Summer 2014. View/Download.
- Data Entry Conventions and Best Practice for the National Street Gazetteer. A Reference Manual. GeoPlace. March 2014. View/Download.
- A Ditch In Time. An owner’s manual for those who live and travel on dirt and gravel roads. Russ Lanoie. 2014. View/Download.
- CPRE’s guide to Quiet Lanes. Describes the benefits of Quiet Lanes and how to promote them. CPRE. September 2006. View/Download.
- Cowboy Motoring – Facts and Fallacies. Countryside Recreation, Volume 13 Number 2. Summer 2005. View/Download.
- The Lake District Hierarchy of Trail Routes. Countryside Recreation, Volume 13 Number 2. Summer 2005. View/Download.
- Validating the Anecdotal Viewpoints of Rights of Way Officers Managing Byways. Countryside Recreation, Volume 13 Number 2. Summer 2005. View/Download.
- Off Road Motorcycling in Greater Manchester: Identifying Solutions. Red Rose Forest. March 2005. View/Download.
- Unclassified County Roads. A study into their status. Trail Riders Fellowship. September 2004. A seminal report, republished here with the TRF’s permission. View/Download.
- Motorsport. The sport the planning system cannot see. Richard Fordham MRTPI. Summer 2003. View/Download.
- Road and Way. An analysis of these expressions in the Highways and related Acts of Parliament c1500 to 1929. Alec Fry. June 2003. View/Download.
- Pockstones Moor Project. Ancient Road Conservation Volunteers / Daletrax Limited. April 2000. View/Download.
- Scar House Project. Ancient Road Conservation Volunteers / Daletrax Limited. March 2000. View/Download.
- Surface of Minor Highways Conference. Byways and Bridleways Trust. Programme and Papers. July 1995. View/Download.
Page updated : 19 July 2021