LARA publishes occasional papers and reports on specific topics, often covering a narrow area of research or relating to a particular moment in time. Those which are still relevant, however old, are published here. They are, as all such papers and reports, vulnerable to error and the passage of time, and readers should always take appropriate, and current, legal advice before committing to any course of action. Current major reports are available from the LARA Publications page.
- The Provision of Off Road Driving Sites. November 2019. View/Download.
- Motor Sport Events in the Countryside. Good Practice Guidance for Event Organisers & Land Managers. November 2019. See LARA Publications page.
- Motorsport Events on Public Rights of Way. Good Practice in Statutory Authorisation. July 2019. View/Download.
- Planning Appeal Decisions. Decision Letters on Planning Appeals for Motorsport Sites. June 2019. View/Download.
- Surface Standards for Unsealed Public Roads. March 2019. See LARA Publications page.
- Surface Standards for Unsealed Public Roads – The View of the Courts. March 2019. View/Download.
- Anti-Social and Unlawful Motoring in the Countryside. Enforcement, Education and Alternative Provision. March 2019. See LARA Publications page.
- Driving Conduct and Traffic Offences – Enforcement Against Anti-Social and Unlawful Motoring in the Countryside. March 2019. View/Download.
- 18 Years of Countryside Access Legislation – A Review of Changes Affecting BOATs and Unclassified Roads. March 2019. View/Download.
- Unsealed Unclassified Roads. Their History, Status, and the Effect of the Natural Environment & Rural Communities Act 2006. September 2018. See LARA Publications page.
- Evidence of public road status – The view of the courts. August 2018. View/Download.
- Roads returns and records – Recording the mileage of roads since 1815. August 2018. View/Download.
- The Status of Unsealed Unclassified Roads – Letters from Government Departments. August 2018. View/Download.
- Motor racing on public roads (Closed roads) guidance. May 2017. View/Download.
- Origin and Evolution of Recreational Motoring on Unsealed Roads. March 2017. View/Download.
- Motor Sport Events in the Countryside. Good Practice Guidance for Event Organisers & Land Managers. January 2016. Now superceded by November 2019 version (see above).
- Minor Roads in Crisis? The maintenance of minor roads: a problem overtaking us quickly? November 2014. View/Download.
- Kirkby Bank ‘Trod’. Notes on the Historical Status and Present-day Traffic Management of this Public Road. July 2014. View/Download.
- Traffic Management Hierarchy. Good Practice in Traffic Management on Unsealed Public Roads. May 2014. See LARA Publications page.
- Unsealed Unclassified Roads. Their History, Status, and the Effect of the Natural Environment & Rural Communities Act 2006. March 2013. Now superceded by September 2018 version (see above).
- ‘Wet Gates’. Regulating the Use of Unsealed BOATs and Unclassified Roads in
Waterlogged Ground Conditions. A LARA Proposal for Minor Legislative Amendment. July 2009. View/Download.
- A Sustainability Assessment Process for Trail Management (P-SAP). September 2005. View/Download.
- Competitive Sport on Minor Highways. Traffic Suspension Orders: A Proposal Paper. July 1999. View/Download.
- Countryside Consensus. Report and papers from a LARA Seminar. October 1998. View/Download.
- Hierarchy of Trail Routes. An Exportable Model in Consensus Management. First Report 1997. View/Download.
- LARA – The Next Ten Years. Report and papers from the Anniversary Conference. 1996. View/Download.
- Secret Highways Conference. Agenda and Mileages of Recreational Rights of Way by County. April 1994. View/Download.
- Survey of Motorsports Venue Loss. LARA/MFU. May 1993. View/Download.
- Planning for Motor Sport & Recreation. Report and papers from a LARA symposium. April 1993. View/Download.
- Motorsports in the Countryside. A report from The Royal Show, Stoneleigh. July 1992. View/Download.
- An Access Guide. For Motorised Recreation and Motorsport in the Countryside. 1992. View/Download.
- Footpaths, Bridleways, & Carriageways. Proposals for Modification to the Laws Relating to Vehicular Rights of Way. A Consultation Document. 1989. View/Download.
- Mastiles Lane. Report on the condition. June 1988. View/Download.
Page updated : 10 March 2020